Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birthdays, boys, and baseball

As many of you know, Scott and I have recently had the pleasure of landing back in the proverbial 'nest,' or at least the proverbial nest previously occupied by me. (We moved in with my parents.) I was a little nervous at first about how Daddy would react to having another man in the house. (Having had 3 daughters and no sons) Anyways, all of my worries were put to rest last night when I walked in on a heartwarming sight. Scott was on one couch and Daddy on the other watching nervously as the Rangers pull out another win. There is something so special about the bond of men and baseball. I think that simple image is one that I'll never forget. Two of the three most important men in my life (Harrison was not present) sharing a moment that at first thought seems insignificant.

Today is Daddy's birthday, and we surprised him with Rangers tickets to tonights game. I can't wait to see his excitement and to experience such an emotional pastime with my Dad. I love you Daddy. Happy Birthday!

No comments: